To Help Enjoy Your Visit
- TV Channel listing
- Tidewater Security – 251-978-5493 provides security at San Carlos and will respond to after hours use of the pool, loud parties, parking violations, and other issues that are not emergencies. There is often one or more Officers on property.
- There are numerous security cameras in the common areas that are monitored, recorded and visible in the 3rd floor office.
- If you get locked out, please contact your rental company or owner. If you get locked out during regular business hours, the Property Manager MAY be able to help you, provided the Owner/Rental Management company is available to confirm your identity. After hours, contact your rental management company or owner.
- No pets (condo owners may have pets)
- No smoking in common areas which includes the pool, hallways, condo balconies, and parking garages. Many condo units are also no smoking – check your rental agreement.
- Parking is limited to two vehicles per condo and you must have a parking pass visible at all times.
- Contact your rental company or owner if you do not have parking passes or you can buy a pass at the kiosk on the 3rd floor
- If you have guests – direct them to park across the street in the north parking lot.
San Carlos management is not responsible for the condition of the furnishings in your rental.
- Contact your rental company or owner if you have a problem.
- But – If there is a leaking water heater or other dangerous condition please contact the San Carlos office 251.948.1900
- Do not walk in the sea oats, they are very fragile.
- Do not feed sea gulls from your balcony
Pool hours are 9am – 10pm
- No glass at the pool
- Fire Code prohibits leaving items in your doorway or on the walkway outside the condos. Please keep your personal items inside your condo.
- Garbage chutes are on each floor near both ends of the building.
- Please bag your garbage and do not put large items down the chute.
- There are dumpsters on the ground floor inside the parking garage for large items.
Awnings and Tents must be north of the poles behind the beach chairs. Look for the signs or ask the beach attendant. Gulf Shores will tag your awning and make you move it if you are on the Gulf side of the poles.
- Beach chair rentals are handled by the beach attendant who is not a San Carlos employee – they work for Suncoast Beach Service.